You Can Also Visit

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Engineering Student Advisory Board

The time has come to create a Student Advisory Board for the School of Engineering. We want to hear from you, the students, in an organized and efficient, effective way.

The plan for this board would be to test ideas; act as a sounding board for new plans, classes, etc.; and help to deal with internal issues (i.e. the lack of study space) among other things.

I am asking for your input as to who would best represent your class. We would like to have 3 students total from each level (FR, SO, JR, SR). I need your help determining who would be a good candidate for these positions. I am asking the faculty to give me 1 student name per level and you to provide the other 2 names. You may self-nominate and I would like a very brief statement (2-3 sentences) as to why you chose the person you did. We need to move quickly on this as Dr. Kolvoord would like to meet with this group in mid-April.

The commitment to this board would be one meeting per semester and a willingness to speak openly and honestly in a non-hostile way that represents your entire class.

Please send me your nominations by next Wednesday, March 30th. As always, email or stop by to see me if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment