You Can Also Visit

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Excellent fellowship opportunity for JMU students

I wanted to pass along a great opportunity for current and recent JMU graduate students who are interested in working for the federal government.  The Presidential Management Fellowship (PMF) is a program that was designed for the development of young professionals into the future leaders of the federal government.  The fellowship is a 2 year position with a federal agency that then usually converts into a permanent government position at the end of the 2 years.  Students of all majors and backgrounds are encouraged to apply as the federal agencies have a diverse range of skills and positions available to PMFs.  I am a current PMF with the U.S. Forest Service and my office is actually stationed here at JMU so I wanted to pass along the opportunity to this university in case you have students who would be interested.  The 2013 application is open from today (Nov. 5th) through Nov. 19th.  You can find more information at www.pmf.gov.  Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about the fellowship or the application process.  I serve on the Forest Service’s PMF recruitment committee so if I don’t have an answer I should be able to get one for you.

Amanda R. Colton
USDA Forest Service
Fish Biologist
Fish & Aquatic Ecology Unit
Harrisonburg, VA

Phone: 540-568-5290
arcolton@fs.fed.us

No comments:

Post a Comment